WOA 0.00% 1.8¢ wide open agriculture ltd

There is a point with poorly managed companies when it is better...

1. 3,678 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1078
    There is a point with poorly managed companies when it is better to sell and take a loss than to hang on in hope of improvement. These guys are demonstrating they have no idea of how to run a successful food manufacturing business.
    One question I have asked myself previously without putting it up for discussion, is why the Germans went bust? They had a modern plant but could not sell enough product, even in a large market like the EEC.
    It is very hard to establish a new ingredient for producers of end products. WOA have proven with oatmilk that they cannot sell an end product and are now proving that they cannot sell food ingredients either.
    I think it is much harder to bring a new commodity ingredient like Buntine into the market than an end product like oatmilk. In order to compete against established ingredients, price is critical and volume is needed in order to manufacture at low cost and with viable margins.
    Customers want security of supply with multiple sources before they commit to volumes. Who else is selling lupin ingredients and where else in the world is it being grown in commercial quantities? After all, what happens when WA has a bad growing season and WOA cannot deliver enough? To cover that, WOA needs alternative supplies of raw material and that means another set of people to negotiate with, and invest in infrastructure for, preferably in another country.
    So a lot of time is spent in getting manufacturers to trial the new ingredient and the new producer has to fund this with minimal sales, while continuing to carry out research into the products capabilities and benefits. WOA have been working at this but clearly their expectations are unrealistic. Profits for ongoing development were supposed to come from oatmilk sales and they fell flat on that.

I cannot see WOA succeeding without an alliance with a large food commodity company and I mean more than an offtake agreement with someone, such as they have been pursuing (unsuccessfully to date). WOA could be viable as the research unit for a large company that sells internationally so they can concentrate on what they seem to do best and that is innovate but leave the manufacturing and marketing to someone else with the nous and resources to succeed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.023M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.8¢ $4.951K 275.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 785348 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 610547 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.30am 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.8¢ 123769
Last updated 11.30am 17/06/2024 ?
WOA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.