PYC 1.04% 9.7¢ pyc therapeutics limited

Opthea is developing a treatment for wet AMD, OPT-302, to be...

1. 5,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17640
    Opthea is developing a treatment for wet AMD, OPT-302, to be used as a combination therapy with existing treatments. OPT-302 targets proteins that cause blood vessels in the retina to grow and leak, leading to vision problems. Wet AMD is an age-related form of macular degeneration and although there is some hereditary component, the exact cause is unknown. There is a strong correlation with age – wet AMD is a leading cause of blindness in over 55s.

Phylogica is seeking to develop gene-disrupting therapies for inherited retinal diseases using a proprietary cell-penetrating peptide bound to an antisense oligonucleotide. It has yet to reveal which specific disease/diseases it is targeting. However, the information available and testing to date suggests to me that the company will likely target retinal dystrophies that have a specific, identifiable gene mutation, and likely something that qualifies as an orphan drug.

Therefore, I believe it is highly unlikely that there will be competition with Opthea’s pipeline, which is targeting wet AMD and Diabetic Macular Oedema.

Just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.