LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Appreciate HC provides a platform for all sorts of views but in...

1. 1,049 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455

Appreciate HC provides a platform for all sorts of views but in my humble view, there are far too many conspiracy theories. So here, respectfully to those concerned, are some further thoughts to mull over.

@roperdoper you say "these guys don't learn ... yet recall GV saying he wasn't going to ann. every TS/MOU". He hasn't. In both cases, VGS & DOE were insisting publication or about to publish their own ann. Did I miss others?

Ah yes, hindsight ... would have, should have bought. Have the courage of your convictions but don't expect the company to disclose inconclusive and incomplete commercial negotiations. That's both naive and wastes everyone's times not least management responding to ASX 'Please Explain' who should remain focused on deals.

As for a rendition of Meridian, I don't think so. Look at the 2 projects and counterparties - vastly different as your research will tell you. And check their websites. Yep, Meridien STILL hasn't taken down the original MLNG ann from their homepage.

@cutty the tight timeframes you refer to are to show mutual intent as both parties execute a definitive SPA in good faith expeditiously. Pointless in any serious commercial negotiation, not to make it time bound. And to recall, the company has previously indicated FID potentially with 6mtpa (though of course if aiming for the full 8mtpa).

@BPB "there's no telling what GV has hidden behind the scenes ... " Quite right. No reasonable person should expect a company's CEO to disclose all their commercial in confidence discussions (serious, prospective or early stage). If you're that unhappy, quiz him at the forthcoming AGM.

@MoneyBags1348 being reasonable people, in suggesting you reread the last quarterly, I'd assumed you would have noticed quarterly cash burn broadly consistent with prior quarters i.e. ~$6M, which is sufficient for the next 2-3 quarters. This was confirmed on one of the recent calls when I asked MM directky.

As for sp movement not being material, totally agree with the company. I was seeking to reassure those worried the trading pause/ halt related to a CR. Further, if you read the send para under Q2 of the company's clarification to the ASX, it states very rationally the conditionality, inconclusively, proportionate & regulatory approval process as reasons why this should not be considered material. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

@FrankMe I suspect IDG are keen and are playing their part but the Sino-US trade war clearly isn't helping. Then again, Vietnam can sign up at a time of trade frictions, why not another SE Asian country/ regional government/ state owned energy provider?

As to today's price action, even if the sp falls back, 'buy the rumour, sell the fact' comes to mind. Largely irrelevant given importance of this deal whether optics, commercials or negotiating urgency of concluding this deal.

Lastly we might even see further short covering from last week's elevated 5.95% (4/9) to 4.8% (11/9 or 27.6M shares).

Either way, I find it bizarre that for all the frustrations we all feel, many are far too judgemental of the MD, Board and other shareholder. Wake up, these are friendless markets. Just be careful what you wish for (if you genuinely wish to see the company succeed).

Good luck to everyone - whatever your disposition.

Cheers

Last edited by Timbogold: 18/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.