88E 33.3% 0.4¢ 88 energy limited

Don't want to dampen any spirits unduly, but if by 'next door'...

1. 2,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    Don't want to dampen any spirits unduly, but if by 'next door' you mean Pantheon's Talitha well currently flow testing the Kuparuk, then it has no bearing on the reservoirs on Peregrine acreage, including the current Merlin drill. Of course it does have some potential relevance to the latent value in our Icewine acreage (which is a fair distance away), but I wouldn't think that is in the sights of recent entrants to the share register.....maybe it is!. However, if by 'next door' you mean COP's Willow discovery, which is thought to be analogous to Merlin and both in the Nanushuk, then I'm surprised at the sudden market interest as this is relatively old news.

I think it is just speculative hype....and nothing wrong with that if done with a clear view to risks as well as potential rewards. Those of us who have been on this ride before dwell much more on the journey travelled and potential journey ahead. Those who have recently jumped on the FOMO express are much more focused on the 'promised' destination. Of course, there are no promises. Just expectations. And expectations will become realities. There are only three destinations: a) we find commercial hydrocarbons (oil); b) we find uncommercial hydrocarbons (low quantity or wrong type); or c) we find no hydrocarbons. Different probabilities for each of these three outcomes...though soon enough one will be 100% and the other two will be zero percent each.

However, same journey for all three destinations, so far. May start to diverge in 9-11 days. Hopefully not sooner.

While not 'advice', I would be tempted to cover invested costs and perhaps even bank a profit on the more predictable 'journey' and then free carry the 'destination' lottery.

All IMO and DYOR. GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $115.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $85.34K 21.97M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
540 670161300 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 347726457 89
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.4¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 29274106
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.