CXO 8.86% 8.6¢ core lithium ltd

Thanks @mrplough - the bear trap.....I really enjoyed reading...

1. 247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1228
    Thanks @mrplough - the bear trap.....I really enjoyed reading about it and good luck to anyone that gets caught in it. It is very interesting reading some of the philosophy behind it, and whilst I think we are probably technically in one (or at least the start of it), it would never feel like one to me. We are clearly in an up-trend and no amount of short term selling would convince me otherwise. There is so much going for this company, that if anyone thinks there is going to be any sort of significant reversal, than I would encourage you to look at the fundamentals of the project/s. I say '/s' as there are multiple on the go within CXO from the lithium assets (multiple just there), to copper, to gold, to silver, and of course, uranium. Step aside from these project/s, and luckily it is very easy to focus on the sensational logistics for the lithium project/s and the untapped ability to expand this over time considering the amount of land that CXO holds the rights to.

I have had trouble keeping up with the forum this week, the significant increase in SP has brought any number of posters to the forum (some old and some new). I am excited by the amount of new posters (some good, some not so good), and the gravity that some of the older (in time on the forum) heads have brought. The forum is definitely changing, but such is life when you start to get noticed. This is not likely to be the end of it considering the future that CXO has ahead of it.

I don't see CXO as a speculative stock anymore. To me the speculative nature of a stock means that there is an unquantifiable risk, or if it is quantifiable, then it is excessively dangerous. CXO is neither IMO, we have a resource that we know (even from the first DFS) is marketable and is only going to expand, we are in an extremely low interest rate world where the cost of finance is as cheap as it has ever been (perfect timing), we know that Europe is keen to develop its carbon free future and is prepared to pay for it, and even in AUS I saw an article the other day about a major bank that was creating a 50bn dollar clean investment fund, so finance is not going to be an issue. Add to this the increasing desire for electric everything, the NSW Gov announced the other day that they were going to commission a 50 strong bus fleet as electric and aimed to replace its whole fleet by the end of the decade. Add to this again our national governments desire to support local industry, to supply battery backups to the power grid, and the undeniable increase in EV's, E-scooters, E-bikes and everything else electric, and there is clearly no issue with demand. So take a step back and the path is clear for demand, supply, finance, regulation (yep we are approved) and ability to achieve, and this is why in my mind we are not a spec stock anymore. We might not be producing yet, but it is only a matter of time (assuming we don't get bought out).

The last time I spoke to the board (maybe 2 months ago), we no longer had the 20m yahua prepayment as an agreed term (as the timeframe had lapsed) but I really don't see this as an issue. Money is so cheap at the moment, we will find it from somewhere. The recent failure of AJM has removed supply from the market and even if PLS acquires it, they will still exercise a controlled release of the product, but at any rate, the whole drama will have slowed the supply rate and will have no doubt added some pressure. This pressure will mean that there will be plenty of companies realising that if they don't secure their supply lines then they could lose them. What a great position for CXO to be in considering we are the nearest to market of being able to get the product out of the ground and I have no doubt the number of potential suitors have gone through the roof recently.

It is for all of the above that I think the SP has risen lately. Whilst I expect some announcements soon, the recent rises are not because of them IMO. If there was an imminent announcement we would have had a TH to prevent the rapid SP movements ahead of it. The fact that we didn't, means that it was just a market adjustment to make up for lost time. The beauty of this is that we now have a new (higher) base to launch from when the next announcement comes - It could be lithium or gold!

Exciting times ahead. Welcome to new holders, and to those that have been around for a while, stay the course. The rewards are coming.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.007(8.86%)
Mkt cap ! $183.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.6¢ 7.9¢ $2.766M 33.86M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.6¢ 1102272 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CXO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.