AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Yes, what you write is indeed a problem. You even get presidents...

1. 1,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Yes, what you write is indeed a problem.

You even get presidents of once great nations post outright lies and complete garbage on Twitter - and there is not much we can do about it, other than calling out those lies one by one and get smarter in our use and reliance on social media.

Rookies and mum and dad shareholders are well advised to tread carefully and "do their own research".

It always pays to go back to the source information:

i.e. someone claims top 20 shareholder sold out - go look up the latest top 20 shareholder list and compare it to the previous one.

someone claims mining tenements are in dispute - go search for any other source that confirms this

someone claims unrest in the DRC - read up on where the unrest is actually occurring. Look at a map - where is the unrest relative to the mine site.

Ebola? - read up on the WHO website (http://www.who.int/ebola/situation-reports/drc-2018/en/)

Part of the solution is to quickly disseminate information on sites like HotCopper and that way misleading information is quickly identified.

However, let's not get distracted by broader and very complex issues, when there are simple and very straightforward rules that need to be followed by any ASX listed company, and that is to ensure that the company keeps the market fully informed via ASX announcements only.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.