AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

I will believe you have some inside knowledge of the situations...

1. 2,483 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2427
    I will believe you have some inside knowledge of the situations you comment on when you show something independently verifiable that no-one on here knows about EM and AKP, and after you advise us that you have sold your shares in AKP and are not actively buying more.

What for instance can you tell us about EM that is not already widely known?
    How do you know this?
    Where can we see evidence of this?
    Who owns the FABs that EM are able to make available to AKP?
    What is the business relationship between these separate enterprises?
    Why would these FAB's provide development time to AKP, when Tower would not?
    If there are holes that you can pick in EM that we do not know, then show us something that can be independently verified with evidence we can look at.
    What is the basis for describing the change of relationship between AKP and Tower Semi as you have?
    How do you know this?
    How can this be independently verified?

There is a big difference between the device that xMEMS is producing and the MEMS device that AKP is producing. I doubt if xMEMS will prove to be useful in anything apart from headphones etc. One of AKP's patents is to reduce the sound output from its earlier MEMS so its volume could be reduced to a level low enough for on or in-ear use. AKP's chip was simply too loud for that use.
    AKP's chip has been described as delivering 70 dB @ 1 meter. AKP's device is aimed at the full scale speaker products from sound bars etc, and up to full size e.g. HTS speakers. xMEMS specs indicate high sound output in dB without mentioning the distance at which that sound is being measured. I am working on the assumption that it is a spec that is specific for earphone speakers, and that is a much lower output than the one specified for AKP. One can understand this difference better whenever one takes the in-ear speakers for a mobile phone out of your ear and listens to them from even a few centimetres away. They produce minimal sound. The SPL's quoted for xMEMS would blow your head off if they were quoted on the same basis as AKP's.
    Assuming that xMEMS speakers are similar to other earbud speakers, how many of the xMEMS speakers would it take to equal a standard speaker? 20? 50? 100? 500? Then look at their individual cost and the cost of building them into a speaker unit or consumer device.
    That is where AKP is targeting their product.

It is very easy to make anonymous definite statements on a social media site like HC. But I am inclined to not trust your very definite statements as being true until you can provide clear evidence for them. In other words: please substantiate your opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.