QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

To me the statements below are the rocket fuel, QIN IP has not...

1. 5,998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 525
    To me the statements below are the rocket fuel, QIN IP has not only improved survival rates but also increased heartwood  and expects doubling of heartwood in the future.

On yield, Glaucus asserts heartwood yields of 4.0 to 6.8 kg per tree should form the basis of Quintis’s yield estimates. This is a self-serving conclusion as it ignores both (a) the result of 9.7 kg per tree from Quintis’s (most recent) third annual harvest in 2016, which was one of Quintis’s pioneering plantations, and (b) the significant improvements in yield and mortality over time which are evident to any visitor to the plantations.

Quintis achieved approximately a three-fold improvement in yield from its first to its third harvest. Quintis expects a doubling in yield from its third to its fifteenth harvest due to multiple improvements in silvicultural practices. This is readily apparent with the size and consistency of five-year-old trees in Quintis plantations today exceeds the size and consistency of many of the 15-year-old trees which were harvested by Quintis from its pioneering plantations planted in 1999 and 2000.

With respect to survival rates, Quintis experienced very poor initial survival rates. For example, plantations established in 1999 recorded a survival rate of less than 30%. The improved agronomic practices detailed above quickly improved survivability to approximately 70% in the third plantations which were harvested in 2016.

Most recently, as stated in Quintis’s FY2016 financial results announcement presentation (26 August 2016), an excellent first year survival rate of 98% was achieved from the Company’s 2015 plantings. A continued low annualised average mortality of less than 1% for trees aged between 2 and 15 years was also reported.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.