ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    TGN, I can't imagine Cuadrilla using anything other than the most up-to-date technology for exploiting the claim. There's too much on the line to do otherwise. They'll hire the most knowledgeable consultants and use high powered technology because they want the best results and the lowest chances of tremors and other environmental impact. Still, I wouldn't expect big flow rates out of their first wells. It will be an iterative process to maximize flows, just as it is in the US when they start a new play.

I'll defer to Darwin and others on UK politics. But just using common sense it would appear that we don't have much to fear on this account. Theresa May called for the elections for a reason - she didn't do it to lose power. She did it because she thought it was a great opportunity to consolidate the Conservative lead. The Labour party is in utter shambles and completely divided. Lib Dems can make a bit of recovery but they are still a very small party. There's a very good chance that Conservatives will take a number of Labour seats and will end up with a larger majority, Brexit or no. But even in a worst case scenario where that doesn't happen and Conservatives end up sharing power, they will still hold the upper hand, and the energy policy isn't going to be sacrificed. It's too important to the Conservative party.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.