BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Response to ASX Query, page-9

1. 9,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3495
    given the pretty severe lack of understanding of how the numbers work among even fairly long time followers of the story + the steep fall from 40c - i think asx probably got a lot of complaints

that + the shift from direct to indirect sales path led to confusion about the speed of installs.which reflects classic investor greed - anyone who actually thinks that a company of ~27 can install dozens let alone hundreds of installs in a few months - when you only have 3-4 people who likely can do the work (because you have to send people who can be trusted to interface with the client + do the install.)

it may only take 30 minutes to install - but it often takes most of the day to drive to and from a site - rarely can you do more than 2 sites a day unless very forunate to have some v close together.

BUD didnt clarify the splits nor the timing and so all the unit numbers were interpreted by many to include a fairly health proportion of direct installs

you'll recall that's what the original state One research was based on

in my view under cover of this confusion was a complete rejig in mgt thinking once they started doing installs themselves and realised what a pita + uneconomic thing to do (esp to lose an employee half day just to uninstall a tyre kicker's site) + probable blowback due to lack of required technical certification in some cases and high level of existing metered offereings in place among tier 1 building assets

I agree nothing of substance has been misleading or deceptive. I do think there was some sinning by omission - both around the capital demands + the wholesale shift to indirect sales

But BUD had just experienced 3 years where market didnt care a jot regardless of what it said/did.

It would justificably have viewed it as karmic if same investors then failed to note the key details that were offered - and just focused on the headlines

Not 'self flagellating saints' - but not bad corporate citizens in any respect.

And unusually sophisticated, fast moving and adaptive for a small cap management team.

What a lot of sp focused investors dont get is how many times you have to jiggle the lock before you open the door to commercial success. Same reason 70% of small business fail within 3 years

Penetrating intelligence and energiser bunny energy levels are the best 2 characteristics you need to see.

But, in the listed context, sometimes you have to be equally sharp to understand what the motives are behind given moves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.