AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Response to ASX Query, page-130

1. 714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    Thanks for your reply Teringie, There's a number of issues here - that have further reaching implications than just our stock. I for one don't want to have to tune in to twitter/instagram/facebook/talk back radio - whatever - to get information that I should get in an announcement. Apart from contravening the rules, that is a big hassle. I feel more pressure to be monitoring twitter now and because it's accessible 24/7 you are never off the hook - unlike ASX announcements where you can forget about watching on the weekend, and usually in the evening.

On the other hand, social media makes 'doing your own research' more accessible which is great - but I also get the sense that people might feel that they are doing their due diligence -just by tuning in to what might be a blinkered/selective perspective - instead of digging around all over the place for authentic information. I'm not saying everyone falls into that trap by any means, the quality research of some posters on here is a testament to their solid and extensive research.

I'm grateful for number 61's posting of the actual procedure and rationale concerning the assessment of 'market sensitive'. It's discretionary, which of course it must be. It's interesting that it comes down to a % change in value. I'm up to my eyeballs in AVZO - seeing the photos made me want to hold -so according to the ASX interpretation - that impact would be classified as no impact, which I suppose is legitimate as I was wanting to hold anyway. I realise that it is aggregate of course, I'm just speculating on how it would be interpreted if everyone did what I did.

I'm not convinced about your comments on an ASX crackdown on all companies that use twitter - as many progressive companies use this frequently and effectively (AJM for example) without issue. When people cross the line, good on ASX for monitoring and clamping down.

I dislike the pretence that our right-hand doesn't talk to our left (the 'mistaken beliefs' re photos tweeted etc) and the notion expressed by some posters that ML is here to 'save' us from the company (by providing info), when we hired him.

I believe ML is a calculated person, as is Klaus and I hope that all recent events might make sense to us in the long run.

CC
    Last edited by countrychick: 14/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.