AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Response to ASX Query, page-45

1. 1,945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1008
    Class Action?

It may be worth getting some legal advice and looking at a class action.

If we don't take action and put a stop to this it will continue to happen.

It personally cost me over $5,000 having a stop loss hit and then having to reinstate my position only to go back into suspension.

It could easily be argued that there will be a material impact on the company due to the ASX is mistakes.

As stated by "elphemale" post#:360566733

7am. AVZ remains in suspension pending a release of an Scoping Study (SS) prior to market open. The market had been waiting patiently for today since last Thursday's 'Suspension from Official Quotation'.

10am. No announcement arrives prior to market open and no explanation given from either AVZ or the ASX. Please explain.

12.19pm. The first announcement finally arrives (approx. 2.5 hours after market opens!) Turns out to be a 'Request for an extension of suspension', stating 'the voluntary suspension is requested until an announcement is made to the market on the results of the Scoping Study for the Manono Lithium Project. The Scoping Study announcement is expected to be made before the opening of trading on 10th October 2018.' Now for the uninitiated that typically translates into 'that's it for today folks' however not today of all days. Read on>>>

12.48pm. - just 29 mins later - AVZ releases their long awaited SS which on the face of it looks to be at the very least 'ECONOMIC' whichever way one chooses to swing their cat. This would ordinarily be seen as great news, as the project's preliminary economic assessment has basically received the GREEN LIGHT. However not so with AVZ, or at least not today. Read on >>>

Note the obvious question right here is why bother announcing the 'request for an extension' to the market approx. 2.5 hours after the market opens - when the SS is to be released just 29 mins later? This looks to be poorly planned and communicated and IMO the ASX should be required to explain to AVZ shareholders why there was a complete communication blackout until 12.19pm? Not good enough IMO ASX, please explain and lift your game.

12.49pm. Reinstatement to Official Quotation. Orders are purged - this is normal practice but annoyingly this plays into the hands of those sporting deep pockets while they sit back and watch their algorithmic programs (plugged directly into the ASX) fleece the market i.e. in the absence of human generated volume bids and prior to them being manually reinstated.

12.50pm. Announcement from the ASX that PRE_NR Ends at 13:10pm (and 47 seconds). Fantastic, that gives investors and the rest of the market a measly 20 minutes (though realistically less for most participants by the time they receive and open the announcement) to read through 49 pages of technical information. Goodness me ASX, why allow only 20 minutes and secondly why not give the market adequate time to read this market sensitive information by keeping AVZ suspended until after market close? Also by doing this it would have prevented the need for a second suspension i.e. in the space of one afternoon. Ridiculous!

1.10(.47s)pm
    Stock opens positively on the news (almost 10% higher than the previous close). At 10.5c all seems well and AVZ's SP is the highest it has been in well over a month. However...….within seconds the SP gets slammed and the High Frequency Trading (algos) kick in to smash the price down a full 3 cents within 1 minute of trading i.e. before any serious / human generated bidding volume can be reinstated (and given that all open orders were previously purged). Nice one, thankyou ASX!

1.11pm. AVZ FPOs trade at 7.5c, the lowest they have traded in over 14 months! Again, thankyou ASX for allowing the plugged in algos to run rampant!

1.12pm. 'Manual' volume bids kick in and stock recovers some of it's losses, trading at 8.4c.

3.38pm. Further recovery of SP and last trade for the day (at 9.0c) before yet another 'Pause in Trading'.

3.52pm. Suspension from Official Quotation (AGAIN) and all open orders are once again purged for the second time in one day.

6.40pm. Social media chatter goes into overdrive and AVZ is by far the most discussed stock on Hot Copper with over 400 posts and counting received so far today.

Now that we have clarification we can see how ridiculous this action truly is and very damaging.

Come on AVZ.. let's prove them all wrong!!

Let's mine the largest lithium resource in the world!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.