NC1 8.00% 11.5¢ nico resources limited

Just for fun, is Mr Corps related in any way to Milo from Catch...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8735
    Just for fun, is Mr Corps related in any way to Milo from Catch 22?

Milo made a lot of money from selling eggs. On face value it looked like Milo was a poor business person but....

This is where his cunning little tactics come into play. For instance, he buys eggs from Malta for 7 cents per egg and sells them to the mess hall for 5 cents per egg. Outwardly, this seems stupid. His business is at loss. But no, he earns a significant amount of profit. How?

Here is the answer. This egg business actually involves three places- Sicily, Malta and the mess hall in Pianosa. Sicily is a place where there are plenty of poultry farms and eggs are quite cheap. Milo buys eggs from Sicily at 1 cent apiece. Now Malta is a place where there are no poultry farms and there is quite a demand for eggs. Milo sells the eggs to the local traders in Malta for 4 and a half cents apiece. Then again, he offers to buy them back from the traders at 7 cents apiece, which they readily accept. The people in the mess hall know that he buys eggs from Malta at 7 cents apiece but they are unaware of his prior transactions. They are more than happy to buy the eggs at 5 cents apiece. In the end, Milo spends 1 cent in Sicily and 7 cents in Malta, totaling 8 cents. And he earns 4 and a half cents in Malta and 5 cents in the mess hall, totaling 9 and a half cents. The net profit he gets is one and a half cents

for every egg he sells.

Courtesy of this link.

=====================
    I first heard/saw a reference to Wingellina 50 years ago while working for INCO in Canada. Coming from WA at the height of the Nickel Boom in a contrarian move to see a reference to the manager, who hired me, being a geo on a remote WA Ni project sparked an interest that has lasted.

Maybe, just maybe, something will finally get off the ground some 70 years after the initial discovery.

I used to muse about possible synergies with Cassini's (now de-merged)) Ni Cu sulphide (ex BHP) project to the west of Wingellina. Not certain how the mix of sulphide and "oxide" would work but perhaps some hydrometallurgical process could treat a concentrate from both and save hugely on shipping costs.
    INCO built a town, mine and smelter in Thompson in the late 50s early 60s. Doesn't seem to be the way things are done in Australia, or many parts of the world these days.
    Indonesia seems to be taking a different approach to being a quarry for the rest of the world which could be a way for other resource rich countries to go.

Wingellina certainly has a great resource that IMO is very likely to grow if more exploration is done. The size, grade and nature of the resource though is such that funds would IMO be better spent in further studies to get the project closer to production.

Hope there are only good Catch 22s along the way. There will be.....

Last edited by salpetie: 09/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NC1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.