KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Well, ultimately yeah the CEO wears the brunt of the blame....

1. 470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    Well, ultimately yeah the CEO wears the brunt of the blame. Similar to coaches in professional sport. It isn't always only their fault, but they steer the ship and make the calls.

The Triton deal has absolutely been mis-managed.

We were told, paraphrasing, we had a strategic investor, and that we had gone to a raise now via CN - given uncertainty in getting finance in the near future - as a pro-active measure. And yet, for some reason a small delay in providing that finance meant the deal just evaporated. If it was a strategic investment and pro-active, surely an extension could have been arranged.

And then the subsequent delayed notification of it falling over and replacement with a much less attractive raising cratered and already cratered SP by a further 50%.

Finally, it doesn't say much for the due diligence done by our company if they entered this deal with a 'strategic investor' and announced it, only for the strategic investor to say "oh, we don't have the money and can't say when we will". Like surely "do you actually have the money to give us?" is the entry point for such negotiations.

As stated, it would have been nice if we were advised, at the very least, that a snag had been hit.

But it does all, in hindsight, have the aura of a pretty ham-fisted and desperate CR. And the whole "strategic investor" seems like very much a rose tinted description of the arrangement.

And now our company, that was already stretching it's credibility and market sentiment, has evaporated it further.

Now that isn't to say they can't turn it around. I'm still holding, and will continue to do so - but that is partially to do with it not being worth it to me, at this stage, to crystalise the loss.

I don't know, putting aside the forum point scoring, it has been an objectively terrible run of months by our management. Part of my faith in holding DW8 was our CEO and his vision. But it is starting to look like despite all the great ideas, keeping all the plates spinning and moving towards a sustainable, affordable, and profitable business might have been too much.

You should also be wary of seeing your investment and the company as so valuable and destined for success that any under-performance must be "forces at play" trying to de-rail it. Who? Why? We are a fairly unattractive micro-cap at the moment. It is more likely the business is just struggling to get traction and the market has decided that, for now, that is so.

I am certain the big players would not be interested in DW8 right now, at all. Under-performance can sometimes just be under-performance, as opposed to "it's such a good investment, someone is trying to make sure we struggle!"

I guess that is the cliched risk of falling in love with a stock. You see it as such a good investment that any signals to the contrary are because "the big fish" also love it that much, and are doing everything they can to hoover it up.

It seems our company is desperate for these funds. And for a company that has been in terminal value decline for a long time and is quite obviously dropping a few fairly important balls, subscribing for shares that will be worth about 30% what you paid for them when you get them seems pretty unattractive. So they will definitely struggle to raise a sufficient amount.

Not trying to be antagonistic - we have definitely had our fill of that on this forum for 12 months and more.

Just explaining why people, and even some people who continue to hold, are pretty annoyed with where their invested capital either was or is.

I'm pretty annoyed generally, and would love some honesty and transparency about where we sit and what is being done to rectify it - especially before I consider giving them more capital, probably at an under-value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.