LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

One doesn't want to be simplistic but Economic 101 comes into...

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    One doesn't want to be simplistic but Economic 101 comes into play.

With 1500 trucks and about 500 railable containers temporarily removed from availability when Scott's Refrigerated Transport collapsed, it stands to reason that LAU would benefit if it had available spare capacity.

there were basic organisation matters for the receivers and then liquidators to attend to. For instance, frozen food stored in Scott's warehouses probably couldn't be sent on its way to supermarkets and other destinations without some delay. Even obtaining keys may have taken a few days.

As I opined with AZJ, LAU may be able to increase its freight rates per tonne-kilometre a little for ad hoc clients (who lack an existing contract with LAU).

For some time, LAU has also highlighted how small independent trucking contractors have been withdrawing. I suspect it's referring to the traditional 'mum and dad' family operations that have one truck/B-Double but have gradually found hassles such as unpredictable fuel prices, higher interest rates on borrowings, increasing insurance premiums and to some extent variable demand too much to bear.

You make a salient point about how LAU may have rerun its numbers and realised trading was better. But like you I'm an outsider.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 18/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.