ORG 0.41% $9.83 origin energy limited

Ann: Response to market speculation on APLNGs SPA with Sinopec, page-24

1. 2,942 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Origin is going ex div later this month worth about 25c so after that it should drop by this amount and probably a bit more. In the last 2weeks it has dropped $2 and $3.50 over the last two months. So I'm hoping/expect a retrace of about 20c to 50c in the next week or so. I don't expect to hold it very long, and will definetly drop it if it goes lower.
    Origin is beat down over debt and oil sentiment, but overall it is supplying gas and we all need gas! It is also a great takeover target, however with oil companies being hammered they are all hesitant to take this course. Saying that if ORG gets to the $8 range then it definetly would be a hold and I would take a long term position especially with the revenue from its gas division and difficulty of a rival entering/competing with ORG and that interst rates won't be going up anytime soon and that the $AUD is probably going to drop allowing ORG the ability to service debt and stay profitable. It also must be getting to NTA value!
    Comodities are dropping in price and usage but oil/gas/coal is VERY DIFFERENT , they are definetly not renewable, there is very little alternative substitute and oil and gas use are actually increasing ATM.
    This is the perfect time hopefully to buy in when people are fearful as W.Buffet is always spruiking.
    This is all my opinion and don't us this post as investment advice.
    Everyone's been warned.
    CONFUSED

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.83
Change
0.040(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $16.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.84 $9.89 $9.78 $27.98M 2.844M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4293 $9.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.86 3591 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.