CTT 0.66% $3.03 cettire limited

The statement to the ASX was regarding duties. Not whether the...

1. 1,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 172
    The statement to the ASX was regarding duties. Not whether the company was registered for sales tax in California/Texas. The company put out that ASX announcement around midday the same day the AFR ran that article.

Last week we saw a single broker downgrade the company to a hold, with a new price target for ~$4.50 (CTT was trading at about $4.05 at the time). At the same time, accusations of whether Cettire were appropriately registered for tax in California and Texas were made. Now, CTT out out an official ASX statement within hours of the "duties charged but not paid" fiasco...thats right, hours. The only acknowledgement CTT have made regarding sales tax in California and Texas were to the AFR where they said something along the lines of being registered in states where they believed they needed to be registered. In law terms, this is a cop out.

1. It is not an official statement to the ASX and so therefore it may not constitute technical misleading of shareholders.

2. The term "believing we are registered", why not omit the word believing and just say "we are".

It doesn't take a genius to work out that they are not exactly being clear.

That is why I emailed the ASX and asked them whether they think CTT have a duty to disclose anything officially as an ASX announcement.

There is nothing wrong being critical of management when you invest in a company. Never fall in love with a stock. I've said plenty of times, I want all the facts, and I want them to be spelled out clear as day, and as official statements to the ASX, not a newspaper comment.

I hope I'm wrong, but there is nothing wrong to be a little sceptical here. Best case scenario, I'm wrong, the company are doing everything above board, and all is well. Worst case scenario, the company have been making misleading statements and secretly avoiding tax obligations. Again, Id be very happy to be wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.03
Change
-0.020(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.155B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.00 $3.10 $2.98 $2.531M 833.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 66632 $3.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.04 1275 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.03
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.99 940643
Last updated 15.59pm 14/05/2024 ?
CTT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.