ASB 0.20% $2.50 austal limited

I've stated this before in this thread, I'm not selling. I'm not...

1. 22 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I've stated this before in this thread, I'm not selling. I'm not the biggest holder, but still have a couple of points of the package, as do the other 49% of shareholders who are individuals other than Rothwell and Forrest.

The Hanwha bid is a distraction. I love what it's doing for the SP, but I'm not selling at $2.825. I'm clutching firm.

To me it's highly probable that Austal is going to be awarded the second yard for the Constellation Frigates. They're buying a 156m shiplift. The Technical Data Package has reached maturity and FMM are starting on their hulls wayyyy behind schedule. CNO Carlos Del Toros has previously spoken about the importance of a second yard, but recently lambasted HII and General Dynamics for profiteering and posting profits but being long behind schedule on other shipbuilding programs. The most likely appointee is going to be Mobile to start cracking on Frigates. The Congressional Research Papers suggest that procurement for a second yard / Constellation Hulls could be as soon as FY2024, and the 2025 NDAA is likely to include the USN's request to allocate $USD 1.1B for the procurement of the seventh hull (FMM having not rolled out the first hull off production and being significantly behind schedule).

When Austal won the LCS program, the share price skyrocketed. Why would we sell for a mere 18% uplift on the current SP, when this company has so much more intrinsic value that will likely be released by Congress?

Oh and don't forget the clear risk that China poses, who is currently stockpiling gold, oil, coal and food, and might seek to exploit the consternation caused by the upcoming election season.

Hanwha or other bidders are going to have to do better with their bid before we should all come anywhere near thinking of selling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.