ASB 0.00% $2.38 austal limited

Hi camban,Is there any word or talk from the Forrest/Rothwell...

1. 374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Hi camban,

Is there any word or talk from the Forrest/Rothwell camps on their position re. a takeover by JF. Lehman? Obviously holding around 28.5% of ASB between them no bid is going to be successful without removing their blocking stakes, so I find it difficult to believe that a serious takeover bid could be tabled without a nod and a wink from one or either of them.

I think it is reasonable to assume that US private equity would be primarily interested in the US military shipbuilding business, so perhaps there is scope for a restructure and spinoff of the Australia/Philippines/Vietnam commercial and military shipbuilding business'. IMO it would be a pity for Australia to lose control over our one major commercial & military shipbuilding company, particularly given our record of de-industrialisation.

I also note the Austal US is building modules for General Dynamics/Electric Boat Virginia SSN programme, IMHO having an Australian headquartered contractor enmeshed in the US SSN programme would be of immense strategic importance to our nation with the AUKUS buildup underway.

Although it's likely to cost me money in the short term, I'd be happy for Twiggy and John Rothwell to put out a 'NOT FOR SALE' sign...GLTAH! .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.38
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $860.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.38 $2.41 $2.36 $1.368M 574.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 17219 $2.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.38 70 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.38
  Change
0.000 ( 0.09 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.40 $2.40 $2.36 88697
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ASB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.