WDS 1.16% $28.84 woodside energy group ltd

further to what I said above, if both companies go ahead with...

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    further to what I said above, if both companies go ahead with the proposed merger STO is the one that wins not WDS.
    STO has been trading sideways for many years. This does not mean STO is financially weak, but the share price did not perform as it should.
    I am a shareholder in both companies atm. I like WDS more than STO. The only reason I keep STO is that it has strong assets that make it a target for a takeover.
    Everyone in the investment community knows that STO has been a takeover target for many years. I am glad it has finally happened.
    The only downside to this proposed merger is that the premium for STO is not as high as a takeover premium. However, it is better than nothing. I will take it and am happy for my STO shares to join WDS.
    I know the share price of WDS does better in the long run compared to STO. In the meantime, I can collect fully franked div from more shares once this is complete or sell my STO shares and cash in the premium, but I will definitely keep my WDS shares.
    I am happy to elaborate or debate any opposite views or questions as long as they are presented with respect.
    Thanks,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.84
Change
0.330(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $54.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.85 $28.93 $28.73 $83.53M 2.894M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2309 $28.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.85 2709 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.