SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

Ann: Response to Price Query , page-16

1. 1,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    I agree with you Kibbo1...may not have seen the bottom for SAR yet, but I would expect the SP to increase once 2013 comes around.

In relation to the pog...I was wondering why the price had come down. I was watching one of the business shows and one of the financial gurus explained ONE of the factors contributing to the fall. He explained (and was referring to the US)that the reason was gains from the sale of assets (such as pog) held more than one year are currently taxed at a rate of 15% for investors in the 25% income tax bracket or higher, and 0% for investors in the 10% or 15% bracket. Those rates are set to expire on Dec. 31 and revert to 20% and 10%, respectively. In addition, a new 3.8% surtax will take effect in January '13 whereby the tax will apply to investment income for taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of either $200,000 or more (if single) or $250,000 or more (if married), potentially pushing the top long-term capital-gains rate to 23.8%.

In short, to avoid paying the extra CGT, they are selling the asset now (in 2012).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.