ST1 0.00% 4.2¢ spirit technology solutions ltd

After all the excitement, a return to normality today. At least...

1. 429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    After all the excitement, a return to normality today. At least it gives us a chance to catch our breath and focus on things other than how ST1 is trading

@t1obrien, in response to your comment about TNT…yes, I share your sentiment and hope. I am mindful
    that the success of my TNT investment was more a case of good luck than good management…I was fortunate to notice it at the right time, whereas others were unlucky in noticing it earlier than I did, and didn’t recover their purchase price, even after the takeover premium. I assume your experience was similar to mine? But what I would like to ask you is, how did TNT cross your radar in the first place?

I know in my case, I saw Steve Mnuchin interviewed about his involvement with cyber security after leaving the Trump White House. I had respected Mnuchin (he seemed to me about the only level-headed person in that particular administration!), and so I paid attention when he spoke of the big growth he saw coming in cyber security. That led me to research Australian options for investment in the field, and TNT seemed to me the most appealing of a very limited number of options, so I bought it. Five times, in the end, and it finally paid off when taken over.

When TNT was taken over, I still wanted exposure to cyber security. I had been impressed by Julian at TNT (I reckon Geoff Lord kept the wrong Co-CEO) and so it was an easy decision to move into ST1. Was it much the same process for you?

As you say, here we are again, perhaps on the verge of benefiting from another money making take over in cyber security. Not sure where we go next if it happens again!

I know with TNT, I shared with many others some sense of disappointment that the company was sold off before it had a chance to mature and fulfil its potential as an investment. Perhaps we will feel the same way if ST1is also swallowed up. Ideally, one gets taken over AFTER things have picked up. Still, a premium is a premium, and it’s nice to see the share price of ST1 jolted upwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ST1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.2¢ 4.2¢ $82 1.957K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 71260 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 103399 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.29am 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.2¢ 4.2¢ 4.2¢ 15900
Last updated 11.29am 22/05/2024 ?
ST1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.