TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

And this is the reason why I think our Chinese p/ship failed....

1. 6,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    And this is the reason why I think our Chinese p/ship failed.

https://www.ipwatchdog.com/2022/07/...-china-really-means-for-businesses/id=150099/

Some excerpts

On Wednesday, July 6, FBI Director Christopher Wray and MI5 Director General Ken McCallum held a joint press conference in London, urging business executives not to underestimate the threat posed by China’s efforts to steal intellectual property. A threat that is too often minimized, or completely ignored, because of the enormous size of the Chinese market; a marketplace that is nearly 1.5 billion people.

For years, China has successfully managed to obtain trade secrets, for example, by simply requiring foreign companies to hand them over to Chinese companies in exchange for access to the Chinese market. Surprisingly, foreign corporations have been all too willing to hand over these crown jewels—everything that makes their technology special—to gain access to the Chinese market. Ultimately, once their Chinese partners learn everything they need to know and no longer need the foreign company (i.e., original innovator), the Chinese “partner” simply competes against the original innovator in the worldwide marketplace. According to the New York Times, “[c]ompanies are loath to accuse Chinese partners of theft for fear of getting punished.”

It has never made sense to me to do business in a place where everyone know you must have a separate, China-only cell phone because your data will be instantly stolen the moment you power your phone on at the airport. Either the Chinese government lacks basic control, the Chinese government is complicit (or at least tolerant), or the Chinese government is directing everything. Whatever the case may be, I’ve never understood how executives justify doing business in a country where everyone knows all communications are compromised and you know your partners are working against you. Even before you consider the geopolitics and supply chain disruptions, this is simply not a good business climate, and it puts your intellectual property at significant risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $107.0K 1.458M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 86244 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 58867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.