AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

I think there are various reasons we are in this mess, but the...

1. 1,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1163
    I think there are various reasons we are in this mess, but the primary one is that some sophisticated, well-funded and well-connected crooks in business have made it their aim to seize control of the Project.

I also think management have some culpability, both in terms of apparent naivety and poor disclosure, but also what feels to me like some arrogance in their approach, an unwillingness to accept ground realities and try and resolve this conflict amicably in its early days through negotiations. Given where we are operating, IMO they have placed an inordinate amount of trust through this process that us being in the right or having the law on our side would translate to a positive outcome. Their approach might work in the long run, but IMO it's certainly helped get us where we are today. Nonetheless this view would likely be unpopular with most here, and is based solely in a grounding of pragmatism. Further, im aware that my suggested path may have also resulted in the Chinese also using it as a different path towards seizing the Project.

Anyway despite my mixed view on our BOD, while your suggestion to thus support the MMGA crew is noted, it doesn't make much sense in my view. The current management are still fighting the good fight, as evinced by this latest announcement. I think we've moved past the point where having a different approach - led by different people - is viable. Also, even if the nominations went through, the MMGA directors would be a minority, so this is clearly just the first part of a plan to subsequently oust at least some of the other directors. Otherwise they would be unable to 'break this stalemate' one way or the other, whether that's in supporting the Chinese to subsume the Project or in the other Dig Oil strategy to line their pockets alleged by the current AVZ management. Removing our established directors mid-MoU negotiations doesn't seem like it would be a benefital strategy towards progress, and the conflict that would follow a spill challenge would only benefit our enemies at this point in time.

i agree with you however that these new talks should have been communicated to SHs earlier, as should the other elements contained in this latest update. AVZ management continues to conform to established patterns: namely only disclosing significant information when their hands are tied and they have no other choice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.