KIL 0.00% $1.74 kiland ltd

So we have a difference of opinion. As an investor with a vested...

1. 280 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    So we have a difference of opinion. As an investor with a vested interest you dont see any risk of disease. I wonder if that is the attitude of Yumbah.

I have pointed out the evidence that vibrio disease can come from ships and be introduced from seawater. As you say life has all sorts of risks so it is best to assess risk on a scale. If we assess the likelihood as possibly being introduced by ship and the outcome as catastrophic for the farm then the risk weighting is extreme. A risk with an extreme risk weighting deserves careful consideration and control measures.

I have not read comments from Yumbah about the proposal but I did read that one of the key attributes of the site for the ab farm was its isolation. I took this to mean there was less likelihood of disease introduction.

There were control measures in place to prevent white spot disease in prawns but they failed with extreme consequences for farms affected. I am sure biosecurity measures to protect the ab farm will figure in the EPBC assessment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.