KIL 0.00% $1.74 kiland ltd

I don't know anything about abalone farming, but how is it fair...

1. 1,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I don't know anything about abalone farming, but how is it fair that one business occupies x amount of space in the water and claims other people can't use the surrounding waters next to them?

I see it like me building a house on a street and saying to potential neighbours (whether they be residents or businesses) they can't build next door to me because my livelihood and living is more important than theirs.

How can one business deny other businesses the same opportunity, along with the potential jobs and flow on effects for the economy? Just seems to breach a principal of fairness and equality to me.

I assume the abalone farm has a license to operate from the local Council/Government. Is there anything in their license that surrounding waters will be kept clear?

Maybe having neighbours is a risk involved in abalone farming. If they want to be isolated, can they go in the middle of the ocean opposed to being on the shore? I realise this is probably a silly question, but I have no knowledge of abalone farming.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.