KIL 0.00% $1.74 kiland ltd

Yes, we probably all need to remind ourselves that the Abalone...

1. 4,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Yes, we probably all need to remind ourselves that the Abalone operation is a farm. We are not talking about wild abalone here. That has a number of implications, including the one @eternalgrowth just made (I wonder if @ahall has expressed the same concern for the immediate ocean habitat, in terms of risks from the farm, as he has expressed on the "Save Smith Bay" campaign).

The other implication is, I would think, that it must be much easier to protect abalone (from the external environment) when that abalone exists on an onshore farm, than it would be if the abalone was wild. The farm pumps water from the sea. It seems rational that one of the most cost effective ways to minimise the risk of contamination to the farm, is by re-locating the intake points appropriately (if required) and/or by appropriate filtering at the intake points. This would surely have to be more effective and lower cost than large and elaborate measures at the wharf itself (though no doubt, some effort here would be a worthy complement). I'm no expect here, but common sense would seem to indicate such.

I'm happy to be corrected by the man that probably knows Abalone farming best (@ahall).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.