BRI 10.4% $1.55 big river industries limited

True mate. But it's a jarring set of numbers to see. Not pretty...

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    True mate. But it's a jarring set of numbers to see. Not pretty at all. And the share price has run up from $1.25 to almost $1.75 in the last couple of months. I don't know why. It was never going to be a good report.

This reinforces a couple of things for me. 1. We're thinly traded and the share price can/has jumped around purely on sentiment. BRI was unwanted and couldn't find a buyer in the low 130s with all the known negatives. Then it runs up strongly before this planned announcement when macro hasn't improved. 2. It's plain to see how strongly our fortunes are linked to residential construction pick-up -- which is my thesis and why I'm holding.

I haven't seen BRI push the macro residential narrative so strongly in a half/yearly report as they have this morning in the outlook statement. I'm not sure what to make of that. Obviously I agree with it, but they've mostly focused on company specific issues in the past.

I won't have time to join the investor call this morning but will listen when it's on the website (hopefully later today) for more information from the CEO and CFO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.55
Change
-0.180(10.4%)
Mkt cap ! $132.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.54 $1.57 $1.41 $514.3K 346.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $1.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.55 9875 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.