CZI 0.00% 22.0¢ cassini resources limited

Ann: Results Confirm Significant Discovery at One Tree Hill, page-14

1. 3,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8407
    Hi Cluong3000,
    I have cleaned my glasses now - sorry about "Chong".

Perhaps this link will give you a better picture of what happens with DHEM.

The photo and diagram on Page 2 shows a well equipped vehicle with a 2Km capacity winch that can be positioned to lower a probe down the PVC cased hole.  As the probe goes down it puts out elecromagnetic energy out into the surrounding ground in what is effectively an annulus around the hole.  How far depends on the equipment as shown in a schematic diagram for this more powerful (their claim) instrument.  CZI said 100m for the gear they used.

The readings as the probe goes down the hole produce graphs and digital data as shown on page 1 which then have to be interpreted which is where Ellendale's post comes in.

You would need a geophysicist to explain how these numbers are crunched to produce a 2D plate roughly oriented in 3D which can then be targeted by another drill hole.

From my limited perspective on this there are two different scenarios with the first being:

CZD0008  which had an off hole DHEM anomaly that #17 has shown to be real and contains potentially economic Cu and other elements.  The massive sulphides intersected may explain the off hole conductor more than the disseminated sulphides.

Any DHEM for #17 is now going to be within the conductive body and I don't really know what this means for any results.  The results will depend on continuity and nature of the conductor at the very least.

If the massive sulphides form a continuous sheet/zone then I would expect the DHEM to register them out to the extent of its penetration.  Changes in sulphide content, connectivity, structure etc etc may or may not complicate the results to varying degrees.  Hole 8 DHEM and lack of grade will limit the extent of mineralization in that direction.

The DHEM results from CZD0017 will hopefully give a target for further drilling.  You can dream about size but be aware so many factors come into play.  Remember the surface EM did not detect this conductor so depending on its depth of penetration the surface projection of this mineralization is possibly restricted.

Further to assume a constant width of 34m is not wise: it could be more or less; also the intersection may not be true width (imagine drilling nearly straight down a 5m or ?m thick unit for 34m! - not likely but it happens - 34m is the maximum possible thickness if drilling hits the unit at right angles/perpendicular).

Given the complexity of the readings possible by the machine in the article some of the dimensions may be better defined nowadays.

You mentioned Xrays and they are used in oil along with ?gamma/radioactivity logs.  Down hole radar is available and can be useful.  These technologies and others are being incorporated more and more into the drilling process as innovations come in.   Ultrasound?  maybe but not heard of them.

An example is the change in down hole survey techniques since I began work back in the early 70s.
    Dip was measured by putting a calibrated solution of hydrofluoric acid into an appropriate sized glass test tube, encasing it in a steel or brass container and lowering it down to the required depth where it sat just long enough for the acid to etch a line into the glass.  The movement while lowering and raising meant that was the strongest line which was then measured on surface and converted to a dip.
    Nowadays there are gyroscopes, magic mirrors, camera's and probably direct digital read outs from sensors in the drill string.

Cheers
    S

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.