SGQ 9.38% 3.5¢ st george mining limited

Ann: Results of Annual General Meeting, page-51

1. 5,737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369

To all who have doubts about St George I offer you this.

The daily machinations of the share price, while frustrating at times, is not the main focus of the St George story unless you have a fairly short term outlook. It is a tale of discovery and there are many chapters in the book. There are a few examples of great exploration success and more than enough disasters but I believe there will be a epilogue to read in the future. All investments have their moments of great teeth gnashing if you are focused primarily on the pecuniary nature of stocks but there is a bigger picture here.

Firstly, any doubt (which I don’t) I could possibly have about management is more than adequately balanced by the quality of the posts from our learned friends who post freely, objectively and without prejudice using the extensive knowledge of their experience for the benefit of others. I, for one, cannot believe how fortunate I am to have posters of this calibre on this thread. We even have one resident expert on the nutritive and psychotropic qualities on the consumption of Guinness. How good is that? I have also noticed in the last year the SGQ threads have attracted a lot more posters with their unique experience/expertise to add to the great knowledge bank we already have.

This is the only reason I offer my meagre utterances. My knowledge of geology is limited to the gravel in my driveway but I have a keen interest in EVs, batteries and the commodities associated with this new paradigm. I have many other stocks but I don’t bother posting on them as there is no point. Emotions run high when money is involved and I think there are many posters who exude fear in their posts and probably would be better off just buying the indexes.

To understand SGQ you have to take a macro view imo of the nickel supply chain and the fact this metal is fast becoming a strategic metal (amongst others) It is no coincidence that the US is actively seeking supply partners outside of China for rare metals using a part of their defence budget to do it. With the deficit projections and the recent large purchases by the Chinese, nickel supply could be a real issue for battery manufacturers and I can see St George being very attractive to many entities.

This video will illustrate the point I am making. From the 20 minute mark Guy Bourassa makes the very valid point that the Chinese are the leading position maker in all the battery metals and are actively buying up companies to create a cartel of which they have control. The main reason this happens is we don’t allocate capital to invest in these critical metals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=474&v=zE14pARgm00&feature=emb_logo

Resource nationalisation is very real which places Australia in a unique position if we don’t sell our resources/companies off for a few shekels. It is easy to see we are near the bottom of a resource cycle and we would be selling the family jewels at the wrong time! There is also a trade war which has no end in sight and I doubt it will. We have had 300+ tweets from Trump that the talks are progressing well yet no resolution. SGQ has a good resource of a highly sort after basket of metals in a geopolitically stable environment. It already ticks a lot of boxes!

I have over 1 mill shares in this with an average of 16 cents so a little under water. Yes I could have sold at 25 cent recently or at 48 cents in 2017 but I have heard many stories of people selling their Sirius or Sandfire way too early. No problem with taking a profit but to totally leave a stock when the evidence from a project or macro perspective continually improves the risk/reward ratio while the supply fundamentals worsen is quite a unique opportunity in the resource world which is rarely seen. As one of our learned posters said What ilike about this project is that each hole is hitting mineralisation. This isnot normal. I have spoken to a few geos about this and they all agree its an interesting story.

So I take the perspective of another of our esteemed contributors who has invested in this company a lot longer that I have that this is a long term play with outstanding ground, management, continual communications and excellent investor relations. I have 5 years till I am 65 so the timing could be rather fortuitous and I could leave some to my kids – after all they did buy their dad a Triumph Bonneville T120 for his 60th so I probably owe them a few shares. Patience is the key and nothing has presented itself to suggest this company is not progressing nicely and in a timely fashion.

Hope you all had a great weekend. ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.003(9.38%)
Mkt cap ! $39.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.6¢ 3.3¢ $307.5K 8.873M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3000000 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 488075 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.57am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.