BRK 4.55% 1.2¢ brookside energy limited

Disappointed with the AGM votes with shareholders effectively...

1. 1,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 653
    Disappointed with the AGM votes with shareholders effectively giving management their Christmas presents early along with permission to open them when they like......management have not detailed anything to the shareholder base what the KPI's are for their incentives. They've essentially written their bonuses without allowing the wider shareholder base to scrutinize what they have to do to access them. How this aligns management with shareholders I don't know. A simple question to the majority that voted through the motions......why wouldn't you tie management incentives with shareholder returns (and they're not as far as i or anybody else other than senior management know)?

Everyone wins or everyone loses would have been fair......yet shareholders have chosen to give management a free hand with their bonuses irrespective of the outcomes for shareholders. What if in the unlikely event the share price trades at 1c in 3 years? Think that's an outlandish proposition? It's unlikely yes but consider who of us would have thought 2-3 years ago we'd be trading range-bound at 1.2c now? Yet, management get to access the 5% of the company they now have permission to lay claim to over the next 3 years at effectively nil cost (I'll bow to the idea that DP doesn't get a large $ compensation and a share issue is warranted to make his remuneration industry relevant). Is that an equitable outcome for shareholders?

I'm all for incentivising management (and heavily) but not handing out potentially 5% of the company to them without linking that reward to a fixed and telegraphed reward for shareholders. This only engenders a 'snouts in the trough' corporate mentality that is particularly alive and well in Perth based small & micro commodity companies. CE1 is an example of what this has meant for shareholders as opposed to fiduciary outcomes for management. HZN by contrast is a case where investor activism put an end to this corporate reward BS & where shareholder returns quadrupled in under 4 years.

The 'incentive & outcome' advice of Buffet rings loudly in my ears but seemingly most appear deaf to the proposition. Shareholders have given management the incentive but ignored their own outcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $52.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $14.01K 1.250M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 21175688 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 12317965 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.08am 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 4.55 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ 1200000
Last updated 11.12am 17/06/2024 ?
BRK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.