IIQ 1.04% 47.5¢ inoviq ltd

Perth, Australia, 23 March 2017: Australian biotechnology...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Perth, Australia, 23 March 2017: Australian biotechnology company BARD1 Life Sciences Limited (ASX:BD1) (BARD1 LSL or the Company) today announced the successful completion of a clinical trial using its proprietary ovarian cancer diagnostic test. The trial involving 348 samples (200 women with ovarian cancer and 148 controls) found the test to have both high specificity (87%) and high sensitivity (90%), with a high overall Receiver Operating Characteristic (ROC)-Area Under the Curve (AUC) score for accuracy of 0.92. In addition, the test detected all subtypes and stages of ovarian cancer in the samples with the performance of the test between early-stage and late stage ovarian cancer not statistically different (p>0.5).

The BARD1 Ovarian Cancer Test is an ELISA-based blood test that uses a panel of peptides on a solid surface. When exposed to a blood sample the test measures the binding of antibodies in the patient’s blood to these peptides. Previous data from smaller scale studies had already established the proof of concept of the test and initial indications of high sensitivity and specificity. With high levels of accuracy shown to all stages of ovarian cancer, our test may offer a substantial improvement over existing ovarian cancer blood tests using CA125 where both sensitivity and specificity are lower.” said Dr Leearne Hinch, Chief Executive Officer at BARD1 Life Sciences Ltd, “Our test should greatly improve the accurate detection of cancer at all stages with few false positives.”

Further studies are planned to demonstrate the use of the BARD1 Ovarian Cancer Test for distinction of benign ovarian lesions and cancer. Additionally, an evaluation of commercial instrument platforms will be undertaken to select the best platform for future clinical validation studies testing large prospective cohorts in a clinical laboratory.

Key words are all stages/early detection!

There’s always going to be someone else and another way/test.

We just need to be able to detect all stages/early and have a high accuracy and be cheaper

Having said that I sold out 2.5mil shares today only because of the markets possible reaction and it doesn’t have anything to do with my belief in BD1.

I just know the market is flighty and all that news could cause a stampede. I was in at 0.007 and 0.014 with an average of 0.011 so I wasn’t down, I’m just hoping to pick up on some tree shaking next week and get a larger position.

If not I’ll just buy back in with either the same holding or possibly less which is fine. Just wanted to protect my capital as I know enough about the market and it’s silly mentality at times regardless on how good a company may be and there hasn’t been a change fundamentally. All I know is if the herd run the price will fall.

Let’s see what happens Monday!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.