ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1308
    I've mentally written this investment off.

5 years of my time, energy and large amounts of capital wasted.

My fault entirely - of course. I am too trusting. I trusted management to be competent/solid custodians of my capital & they made every single mistake in the book - yet I continued to trust them.

The debt covenant waiver was until July. It bought them a fraction more time, but for what?

As @miningnut correctly pointed out - even if Jervois were to achieve an asset sale (meaning the contractual rights to Jervois' refining share of Kokkola) - it will be for peanuts. No company in its right mind will buy an asset that doesn't make money and not when the seller is capped at A$40m or thereabouts and in the weakest possible negotiating position. Why would they? Trying to strong-arm a potential buyer by saying that the VA process could drag out for years - so if they want the asset - they will buy it now - is a ludicrous negotiating tactic IMO & reeks of Bryce's desperation. I highly doubt an asset sale will go down - and even if it does - the proceeds won't be enough to address their large debt position.

That leaves two options:

1/ AustralianSuper saving them - similar to how they saved Syrah & others. I thought this the most likely outcome, however, I've noticed AustralianSuper distancing themselves in the media recently from any mention of Jervois. It may be nothing, but I am no longer sure. Gut feeling now tells me that they will cut their losses here.

2/ Hail Mary option from the USG. 5 years of talks, talks, talks - but nothing substantial has resulted on this front, so the odds of this option are virtually nil.

I can see a suspension dropping any day now. 99% of my capital has already been destroyed, so I am personally not going to sell and will ride this to its natural conclusion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JRV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.