SMN 0.86% 58.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

I too am very impressed with the outcome of the CR, actually...

1. 4,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1823
    I too am very impressed with the outcome of the CR, actually raising more than my forecasted $4.5 million. As the Chairman stated given the backdrop of geopolitical issues and broader equity market volatility the CR could have been far less successful.

Yes there may remain some overhang until the residual shares are placed, but my view is that there will be certain groups who would be jumping for the opportunity to become involved, with a strategic holding plus option.

We are now just 4 weeks away from an update on the quarterly, and I look forward to hearing how AEM is trading, plus an update on the plans being developed for CVM sales - including update on APB discussion with Boeing/FAA.

There are so many different areas of the business that could heighten investor interest.

The fact that the CR was completed in the quarter also means we also get a more meaningful breakdown of finances. There's nothing better than to have a strong cash position.
    Whilst they've got 3 months to place the shares, I personally would like to see the company raise the extra $4.3 million sooner than later because I'm sure there are other small "bolt-on" businesses that are available, which will add to AEM product line and profitability. That strategy may not have been outlined in the CR application of funds, but if it makes commercial sense then I'd support it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.5¢
Change
0.005(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $80.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 58.5¢ 58.5¢ $30 51

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8724 57.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.5¢ 7991 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.