SHV 1.20% $4.10 select harvests limited

Ann: Results Presentation 31 March 2022, page-3

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Obviously a very disappointing set of results. Despite the short increase in the price of almonds, they were not able to benefit from it. A large part of this to my mind is that the inventory in the US was greater than people expected; the drought has not been as damaging to mature trees as people expected; and ergo the almond price has not gone to the moon like some had expected.

Meanwhile, Select Harvest experienced increasing costs of production despite a 30% reduction in water costs. So clearly they have not managed their expenses very well, but probably a lot of this is labour costs. The return on capital employed has dropped to a pretty abysmal 0.6%.

Not sure what is going to hold the share price up after this, considering they recently diluted shareholders at $5.30 for the Piangil acquisition. $530m of net assets on the balance sheet vs $730m market cap (NAV=$4.35). So there could be some pain ahead.

When I see California rippiing up mature trees due to the drought, and inventory dropping substantially, then that will be a good time to buy I suppose. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.10
Change
-0.050(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $496.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.17 $4.17 $4.02 $597.7K 146.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 329 $4.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.12 1062 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.