ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Obviously a very disappointing set of results. Despite the short increase in the price of almonds, they were not able to benefit from it. A large part of this to my mind is that the inventory in the US was greater than people expected; the drought has not been as damaging to mature trees as people expected; and ergo the almond price has not gone to the moon like some had expected.

Meanwhile, Select Harvest experienced increasing costs of production despite a 30% reduction in water costs. So clearly they have not managed their expenses very well, but probably a lot of this is labour costs. The return on capital employed has dropped to a pretty abysmal 0.6%.

Not sure what is going to hold the share price up after this, considering they recently diluted shareholders at $5.30 for the Piangil acquisition. $530m of net assets on the balance sheet vs $730m market cap (NAV=$4.35). So there could be some pain ahead.

When I see California rippiing up mature trees due to the drought, and inventory dropping substantially, then that will be a good time to buy I suppose. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.