NST 0.16% $12.83 northern star resources ltd

re: Ann: Results up to 125gpt show Paulsens s... Good Canon, not...

1. 663 Posts.
    re: Ann: Results up to 125gpt show Paulsens s... Good Canon, not all posters ramp with substance I guess but luckily they are easy enough to spot with the reference to weak sources (like aussiebulls). High Frequency Trading is the problem here but if it's outlawed the market mightsuffer from no volume.

Volume was the topic of a post read earlier that sugggested no much activity would occur til into the new year but honestly activity and participation in equity markets has been down for a long time (since the 1st gfc - after so many got burnt losing their super/investment savings).

Since raises 2 points to my mind: 1. the lack of activity exaggerates the moves of those in the market. 2. if HFT was made illegal what would be the impact on markets? would retail investors be attracted back in significant numbers or would it be the death of equity markets?

Many stocks fall victim to HFT and investors need to appreciate fundamentals are of little consequence when instos and broking houses are wanting to take a position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.83
Change
0.020(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $14.80B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.82 $12.92 $12.80 $8.494M 661.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 7460 $12.82

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.83 3650 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.03pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.