PLS 2.92% $2.82 pilbara minerals limited

That's actually not the case. It would have to be assessed on a...

1. 6,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4022
    That's actually not the case. It would have to be assessed on a case by case basis depending on average buy price, tax implications etc.

For myself, I hold them within a SMSF. Portions of my holding have been held for greater than 1 year which means any capital gain would be taxed at 10%. The substantial part of my holdings less than 1 year held, would be taxed at 15%. The price would have to drop substantially lower to make it worth my while to have sold near the peak of $1.12.

If I hold the shares until I'm ready to convert them to an income stream stage within the SMSF, I would pay 0% tax on any sale required to pay the minimum 4% income stream per annum. My wife and I can have $1.6 Million each in income stream stage to get the 0% tax.

Presently the tax implications of selling would require a drop in price down close to 95c just to break even for the tax I would have to pay. I am not prepared to sell my entire holdings in this stock on the chance of picking a price peak in an obvious uptrend in a sector that hasn't even got far off the start line.

For me, it's a no brainer to hold.

Now if you are a trader who is after short term profits to fund your living expenses or to buy a new toy, it is a different story. I am in the fortunate position that the long game can be played. I have other income sources and do not need to trade. If I do trade occasionally, it is just a play thing.

All the best with whatever your strategy is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.82
Change
0.080(2.92%)
Mkt cap ! $8.550B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.85 $2.80 $77.29M 27.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
80 407632 $2.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.82 195282 48
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.48pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.