SPO 0.00% $1.71 spotless group holdings limited

It dont think there needs to be much growth potential at all at...

1. 16,552 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8085
    It dont think there needs to be much growth potential at all at these PE ratios.
    There is a lot of bad news already baked into the SP, this drop is driven by short term big players that where looking for a quick buck, it doesnt reflect true market value."

@bug1 ,

Given all the debt in this business, I'm not sure using a P/E multiple is the appropriate way to value it. I think EV/EBIT or EV/EBIT, or Free Cash Flow Yield on EV are more representative valuation approaches.

And on those measures, namely 6.0x EV/EBITDA, 8.5x EV/EBIT and 12% FCF Yield, the stock appears much less undervalued, in fact, probably looks to be fairly valued, I would have thought, given the nature of the business.

"There is a lot of bad news already baked into the SP,..."

With the failed sale of the laundry business, almost $800m of Net Debt being having to be supported by some $210m to $220m of EBIT, it now looks like an equity raising is a near-certainty at some stage before long (otherwise, it will take them years to trade their way to a more manageable, less stressed balance sheet).

And until such a raising is completed, wholesale buying of the stock by institutional investors is, I think, unlikely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.