MEL 0.00% 0.4¢ metgasco ltd

mrpaul - MEL traded for the first time without an entitlement to...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 967
    mrpaul - MEL traded for the first time without an entitlement to the 2.5c capital return. In effect we went from cash backing of 7.1c per share to 4.6 (with 2.5c cash in hand for the holder).

As such, we went from being valued at 0.3 cents below cash backing (based off yesterday's close of 6.8c), to 0.5 cents over cash backing (5.1 close today).

Essentially we 'should' have gone down 2.5c (value of cap return), but only went down 1.7 - effectively you are 0.8 cents per share better off than yesterday.

Of note is the fact that we bottomed at 4.6c today - the new cash backing - but rose again and looked quite strong at close around the 5.0c mark. This is the first time that we have exceeded cash backing since the settlement hit the MEL bank account. Perhaps Biouvac Peak is being recognised, or the market is acknowledging that BYE has two months to draw down the convertible note (effectively around 14% interest for 8 million) and that the MEL quarterly projected this whole amount as an outgoing in the current quarter (i.e expecting that the whole amount will be drawn before end of December).

Personally, I'm hoping that a deal is in the works.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.