ABC 0.00% $3.19 adbri limited

Ann: Revised 2019 earnings guidance, page-36

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 162
    Astral, I part-agree with you. Absolutely ABC will continue to operate as there will always be a demand for cement, however, the "replacement" of buildings usually occurs when it is economically feasible (read: profitable) to do so: the market downturn will have an effect on the amount of new buildings being built, which leads us back to the price fall.

Also, concrete spalling occurs in buildings that have been poorly designed and/or poorly constructed (not in accordance with the design) and/or in harsh environments (mines, close to salt water) where it is more economical to re-build than it is to design for a 100 year lifespan. However, the majority of buildings that are "replaced" are perfectly fine structurally and simply are done so to built a new structure...

What I am saying is that, yes, cement will always be necessary, and ABC will be around for a while, but it didn't make much sense to start quoting stories about some buildings being replaced due to rust in the re-reinforcements: the replacement of such buildings is also driven by the market, and rarely by the need of urgent structural repair.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.