ABC 0.00% $3.19 adbri limited

"....FCF Yield on Equity Value places the stock in what I...

1. 16,792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8265
    "....FCF Yield on Equity Value places the stock in what I consider to be undervalued territory (refer chart below), the first time it has been in that attractively priced zone since 2015.

View attachment 1766054

And, as can be seen besides now, ABC was also in what I consider to be undervalued territory in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2015"

AND:

"The FCF Yield spread over Australian 10-year bond yields is plotted below:

View attachment 1766471

As can be seen, compared to the yield on government debt, ABC currently appears to be cheaper than it was at any stage for the past 15 years (with the exception of the GFC, although that is objectively not really a representative point in time)."

Given the movement in the share price over recent months, I thought I'd update the above FCF Yield valuation charts from the above post:

In terms of the raw FCF Yield chart, while the current level has fallen outside of the "Attractive Valuation Range", it is still not overly expensive:

abc fcf yield.JPG

And, adjusting FCF Yield for prevailing yield on risk-free assets (Govt 10-Year bonds) indicates that the stock is still attractively valued:

abc fcf yieled spread.JPG

Of course, given the nature of things, this sort of analysis is always merely indicative, and not prescriptive.

But, in my experience, over the years it had proven to be a reasonably reliable BUY indicator

Although it warrants mentioning that it has been less reliable as an indicator of the right time to sell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.