STO 0.29% $6.86 santos limited

Just have to comment on this based on recent examples. AAX, Zimi...

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Just have to comment on this based on recent examples.

AAX, Zimi Meka keeps his stake but throws his shareholders under the bus after the shares under his stewardship fell from $15 to $0.4.

AWE 2017, directors issue 15% of shares on issue to block a takeover after rejecting half a dozen offers. Shareholders are not given the opportunity to meaningfully participate - all to outsiders.

MRM 2017, large holder Halom offers to support a raising but directors decide to screw them as hard as they can instead.
    Fire sale of Dampier supply base for a small fraction of its value, one year later 15% new shares to outsiders to block a board spill days before the AGM.

Maybe I hang out in the more disreputable areas of the market but every time I start to think I am cynical another board lowers the bar and makes me look naieve.

The typical board of directors is crooked as hell, one advantage of a large company like this is the increased scrutiny on them.

From where I stand your comment is as linked gets my goat as a little optimistic, not as battle scarred as I am perhaps.

So far the board looks to have played things well but I don't trust the greasy little weasels - not one iota.
    Last edited by croasian: 17/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.86
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $22.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.92 $6.93 $6.84 $18.61M 2.705M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 25676 $6.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.87 62414 60
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.42pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.