ALK 2.91% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

Hi Anti, while I appreciate you sharing what you heard and I...

1. 11,707 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6127
    Hi Anti, while I appreciate you sharing what you heard and I 100% agree, ALK needs to better communicate with the market (and they will, but changing a mine plan is no small feat), though of course, they could have already updated the market on what they hope to provide (with a heavy dose of conservativism), i.e. 5 year plan, minimum 80,000 a year at an ASIC of $2000.

Undoubtably, some of the works underway have likely seen price increases, which again, they should have updated the market on (unless... they have not, which I doubt, but... only they know, though they have wiggle room as to what really is price sensitive).

The highway.... I can understand they have not got a firm figure yet, as realistically, the permitting took a long time and they could not locking a fixed term contract because, they could not be 100% sure when the permitting could be secured.

As other posters have suggested, the higher POG will likely outweigh the cost increases for the highway and plant upgrade, but... even if it doesn't currently, having the optionality of delaying and focusing on U/G production (though I wonder, could they do further cutbacks on the already mined open pits near the plant to bolster the medium term production profile? All these things are (and many more) are likely being studied and rightly should not be rushed out, but... the board need to ensure that they provide all shareholders with as much clarity as possible.

As for the fall in POG, it rose a lot recently, a pullback and volatility is just part and parcel of this sector and I don't blame ALK for that.

I would like to see ALK offload it's CAI shares.... even for a loss. They have more important assets to focus on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 52.5¢ 49.8¢ $419.3K 824.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 85781 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 17252 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
50.0¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
50.0¢ 52.5¢ 50.0¢ 264399
Last updated 15.59pm 14/06/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.