LTR 2.89% $1.25 liontown resources limited

if @anatol is correct and the price of lithium jumps a lot in...

1. 1,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3158
    if @anatol is correct and the price of lithium jumps a lot in response to a clear lithium deficit by the end of the year then the independent expert will almost certainly say that $3 is not a fair or reasonable price, unless there is something else we are not being told. Note that one of the LTR BOD conditions of approval was not only that the independent expert holds the view that the offer is fair and reasonable, but that it continues to hold that view during the process. So you may be onto something here @dazzler, maybe LTR is so confident that the price of lithium will spike and the deficit will be so apparent by the end of the year that the independent expert will not support this and ALB or others will be forced to increase their price. A dangerous game to play though, perhaps the LTR BOD have had enough and just want to throw it out there. The profitability of PLS will show the independent expert the way forward for LTR though and make it hard for it to consider the offer fair and reasonable if the lithium price holds or increases. We do know that TO in his slide presentations was very much of the view that the future of the lithium price and demand was very bright.

I am also perplexed how $3 is not also "ballparks away" as TO once said. Now we know who was keeping the SP at around $2.74. I assumed some weeks ago that we were being set up for another ALB offer, I just didn't think it would be supported. The SP suppression is continuing even now with someone determined to keep it well away from $3 or, heaven forbid over $3. I can only hope that the LTR BOD is very confident that the independent expert will NOT support this offer and the market will have to see sense. That way we either get the offer we deserve or we rid ourselves of this SP manipulation and the shorters and go mining. A dangerous game I know, but TG and TO have done everything right so far, I am surprised they would get it wrong now. Just waiting to see.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.25
Change
0.035(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $3.018B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 $21.96M 17.48M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114000 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.25 31956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
0.035 ( 3.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.29 $1.24 3410641
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.