LTR 1.66% 89.0¢ liontown resources limited

Ann: Revised Proposal from Albemarle, page-333

1. 9,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 617
  2. 580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 771
    Following are my observations from the announcement and looking at the price action over the past six months.

1. Given there was a formal offer made to the BoD, the BoD has a fiduciary responsibility to report the offer and to put out a statement. I agree with some of the commentary re the statement that it has been very well crafted to allow for a number of ways for the offer to be rejected if it is deemed that the offer is not acceptable.
    2. Today's price - given there has been no run up in price as there was back in March probably indicates to me that a significant holder of shorts will be ALB or its allies. For them, this is just a cost of doing business.
    3. Given LTRs entry into the ASX100 (ALB would have known this was going to happen) there would be pressure on the SP given instos would have to increase their positions in LTR. Effectively, this kneecaps that effort as instos now know that they can buy up to 3.00 and no higher (unless a competing offer comes in).
    4. Given the offer price (less than the ATH of 3.20), the timing of the offer (the announcement today) it has injected a high degree of uncertainty into the market for this stock. This is just what a prospective buy would want.

Like many others on this site I too am disappointed with the offer. The closest example of what we have here at Kathleen Valley is PLS and they are printing money at present (even with a low Li price).

I too would be extremally disappointed for this company to be taken over by an international company. We seem to be really good at identifying opportunities but not good a holding on to them to the benefit of the Australian economy and community.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
89.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $2.157B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 91.5¢ 88.0¢ $13.19M 14.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 92112 89.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 90000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.