RXM 5.66% 28.0¢ rex minerals limited

I think we've all met cynical, pessimistic people like that...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    I think we've all met cynical, pessimistic people like that farmer in our lives. People who have dismissed every half-decent idea they, or anyone else, ever had. "Nah, that will never work". Anyone who ever tried to accomplish anything great has met that farmer or someone like him.

i bought at 24¢ a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't help myself this afternoon when we hit 20¢. I'm pretty new to small cap stocks. My holding in Rex is very (embarrassingly) small, but that's how I start all my positions. Hopefully I have a chance to buy more at both lower and higher levels as I build my holding and learn more. I'm looking forward to the journey towards either production, or whatever else eventuates before then. I'm kind of glad we're under the radar for now, unlike certain small lithium and rare earths stocks.

I've been holding Woodside and S32 for a while; which is my only Materials claim to fame! Been doing a heap of reading about electrification, metal needs, decarbonisation, etc. It's happening -- whether I like it or not. There won't be anywhere near enough metals and minerals to build the networks, infrastructure and cars required. I have no idea about the components of batteries and how technology will develop over the next few years. But I'm certain that whilst lithium, cobalt, nickel, graphite etc. could become surplus to requirements, nothing happens without copper. It's like a super veto power on any new technology. Pick your mix of materials for solar panels, wind turbines, cars or batteries, but don't think you're excluding copper! And we won't have anywhere near enough. Almost all the major deposits have been discovered. New mines take 15 years to bring online. We're close to ports and BHP's huge site. Rex is a compelling story. Well worth the risk vs. reward. Then there's the promising Hog site which could be anything (including a distraction!). I figure it's better risk v reward for the patient, long term investor, to be here, rather than in a Sandfire or OZ Minerals (BHP). Not that there's anything wrong with those companies.

My one concern is the MD, in YouTube presentations seems like he's selling the projects(s) a bit too hard. I guess he's understandably excited and needs to paint a good picture. I don't have the geological experience or investment experience with mining companies to challenge anything he's said. I would just feel a bit more comfortable if he was a little more low key and let the project sell itself if it's that good (and it certainly *does* look good!). Perhaps one needs to be overly enthusiastic and excited in this business to attract investment.

A shout out to @arsenic. I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past few weeks, and learnt a lot about Rex from your detailed responses. You obviously know and understand this company very well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.015(5.66%)
Mkt cap ! $215.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 28.0¢ 26.0¢ $308.3K 1.131M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 88138 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 299798 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.