RFG 1.32% 7.5¢ retail food group limited

Has anyone visited a franchise? I have a local Donut King in...

1. 4 Posts.
    Has anyone visited a franchise?

I have a local Donut King in Eastern Suburbs Sydney, mentioned to the owner I was interested in purchasing a franchise in Queensland, and he seemed far too keen to sell. I only ever see OAPs frequenting the place, and business seems sparse. Obviously just one example out of 2500.

However I also recognise this is eastern suburbs, and I imagine not a great target demographic for Donut King. The likes of Donut Time seem like they have a much better grasp of the American food craze in Sydney.

But then I look at Michelles Patiserrie and that seems to make more sense as a business - people always need birthday cakes etc. And they're coffee seems like it would be nicer vs Donut King which seems more on a level with 7/11.

A certain percentage of franchisees are failing in any business, so even if RFG have a below average strike rate, if only half their business is franchise and it's only marginaly worse than others, it might only be 5% of their whole business affected beyond the norm - then this story could be driving a huge overreaction.

However the more concerning part is the change in executive leadership. The new guy has come from a GM role at Metcash so seems a big step up to CEO at a business with RFG's challenges (even if only driven by Fairfax news) - is someone with no CEO experience the best they could find considering the situation? Does anyone know how many shares Tony Alford still owns? I understand he no longer needs to disclose due to the decreased level of ownership he now has.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
-0.001(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $186.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.7¢ 7.7¢ 7.5¢ $158.4K 2.089M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 58116 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 29956 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.