RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

The swab comes under a Class 1 Medical...

1. 929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    The swab comes under a Class 1 Medical device.

https://www.ebs.tga.gov.au/servlet/xmlmillr6?dbid=ebs/PublicHTML/pdfStore.nsf&docid=53F508DFC29AAD76CA25862A003CB2CB&agid=(PrintDetailsPublic)&actionid=1

When the NSW & Vic Governments & health departments purchased the swab they used it in conjunction with whatever testing regimes and partners they saw fit. As it's possible different sites (aged care, hospitals, high frequency test sites, schools, sporting venues) had different criteria. You have to remember that Delta was letting rip in these states and the race was on to get people vaccinated asap.

This link shows there are 157 TGA/ARTG approved test kits across Labs, Point of Care & self tests
    https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-test-kits-included-artg-legal-supply-australia

The types of tests can vary between Antigen, Nucleic Acid, Immunoassay, lateral flow etc etc

When Rhinoswab was used at Qudos Bank Arena I think it was in conjunction with Qiagen as the Australian sponsor. Qiagen appears on the list of 157 test kits. (best to sort by Sponsor to find it). The Rhinoswab was used under the supervision of a Health care worker, in a mass high frequency testing environment.

I've found it harder to confirm who Rhinomed has worked with in Victoria other than the stated trials. Although, I have some suspicions they are working with SureScreen Australia amongst others.

Like others have said the swab is just one component of a kit that is manufactured/assembled, which forms part of a wider process, which is why you won't see it on any lists.

With regards the first link that you posted - it's the RATs approved for home use. To me this shows were the Federal Govt has been asleep at the wheel & had gotten comfortable in the PCR testing regime and paid lip service to home testing (until this week).

https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-rapid-antigen-self-tests-are-approved-australia

Greg Hunt announced in late September that RATs would be approved for home testing. That only 15 tests have been approved and none since November 18 shows what an epic short-sighted failure this approach has been. All his announcement did was support the big providers throughout the world, as can be evidenced by the list. Omicron has further highlighted the short supply problem that the world is facing for home RATs.

In fairness to RNO they have said all year that a more sovereign approach was required to manufacturing for Covid test products. They have tried at both federal & state government levels to get additional funding.

Even Biden was well aware of the need for RATs and the US Govt started ordering & re-ordering on mass ages ago.

In the recent Bell Potter and/or Evans & Partner interviews MJ flagged the possibility of the swab itself being used as a standalone RAT, but that would take two years of development and testing. A bit of spin for the future.

You can see why long term RNO shareholders are getting frustrated. Opportunity abounds but at times it feels like RNO has gone MIA. I'm sure they haven't gone MIA, but it's time to get a wriggle on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.