VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

To much to comment on, so just going to get to the important...

1. 1,864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    To much to comment on, so just going to get to the important stuff (Geeze I hope this works):

A report has been submitted surrounding some of the impacts on recent Indonesian mining changes. An extract is pasted here:

Additionally, and this points to some of the issues I have been raising for the last few months. In post# 7680228, I specifically referred to the following (advanced warning on CF JV as it was being exposed in other mining ventures):

30/01/12:
    "CF-GRAM:

I have completely written-off this asset, including the benefits of the JV approval. Something has to be done with it soon and I am expecting an announcement Q1-end. Its eating into valuable cash from upkeep and the company cannot afford to hold onto it. There are a couple of reasons why I believe a tough decision needs to be made:

1. Maintenance costs/upkeep for something that is sitting there – get rid of it, and current cash could probably last us until early 2013.

2. Evidence, with the change in leadership and government structure in China indicates that things are taking longer to get done. Over the long term the re-structure is expected to improve investment (external), but in the short-term we are seeing delays. This is not segregated to ORD – I’m seeing it in other Chinese backed companies (globally). This all equates to delay or further delay on JV approval.

3. $7.8Mill is not even in the same ball-park of a figure that would be required to delineate a JORC resource. The key question is, why do it? I know GRAM would be asking the same question, particularly in this environment.

With some business nous, ORD should be able to extract some value from it by terminating the agreement and on-selling it to an interested party."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.